PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF
When will the Baltimore Convention Center begin to hosts events again?
- The Baltimore Convention Center is currently unable to host events during the current State of Emergency enacted by Governor Hogan in March of 2020, along with additional Executive Orders in place by the City of Baltimore.Events will take place again when the state of emergency has been lifted.
What Measures Have Been Taken By The Destination To Ensure There Is A Cohesive COVID-19 Response?
- Since the onslaught of the COVID-19 the Baltimore Convention Center has been in close contact with City and State officials and our partners at Visit Baltimore, adhering to current CDC Guidelines ensuring a uniform front in defeating the spread of the virus.Visit Maryland’s COVID-19 Response Page here and the City of Baltimore’s COVID-19 Response Page here.
- Use this link to visit the Baltimore Convention Center’s COVID-19 page
- Our partners at Visit Baltimore have taken the lead for Baltimore’s hospitality industry, providing resources and opportunities for local hotels and attractions.
What Medical Facilities In The Area Are Equipped To Handle Emergencies?
What Steps Will Be Taken To Ready The Space Utilized As A Federal Medical Station Upon Its Closure?
- A hospital grade “Terminal Cleaning” process will occur and be certified as disinfected under the supervision of The University of Maryland Medical System and Johns Hopkins Hospital. “Terminal Cleaning” refers to the medical standard practice of sanitizing a space. This practice is in use for operating rooms, infectious disease wards, and other environments where contagious diseases may have been present.
What New Sanitation Measures Are Being Taken By The Baltimore Convention Center?
The Baltimore Convention Center has implemented the following sanitation measures for the re-opening of our facility, each with the health and safety of our guests in mind:
- The Baltimore Convention Center is a GBAC STARtm accredited facility. Our ongoing commitment to training and education includes certification of more than 60 employees as Certified Custodial Technicians through ISSA, the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association.
- Thermal infrared cameras will be placed at all entrances for a touchless temperature check for all people entering the building.
- Touch points in public spaces, including doorknobs, elevator controls, escalator rails, and restrooms are cleaned and sanitized on a more frequent, ongoing, basis.
- We have more than doubled our sanitizing availability throughout the facility.Our lobbies, public spaces, and other high traffic areas are equipped with stations offering both hand gel and disinfecting wipes.
- Our hand sanitizers are made with 70% ethanol germicidal efficacy, 10% higher than the FDA recommendations.
- Electrostatic sprayers are used daily for sanitizing the facility and we continue to explore the best methods and equipment available.
- Our catering partner Centerplate Powered by Sodexo has also made a significant investment in the safety of their service including the following:
- All new point-of-sale cash registers to give customers the option of a touchless transaction.These POS systems will be available at every outlet and will include capabilities for Google Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay with tap to pay technology. Receipt options will be available via text or e-mail.
- Barriers at all concessions have been installed
- Touchless coffee urns and water stations are available for coffee breaks inside of meeting rooms.
What Measures Are Being Taken Regarding Air Quality?
- To ensure the cleanest air quality possible, all of our air handlers are being upgraded with MERV-16 hospital grade air filters for the highest level of particulate capture.
- Plasma Ionization upgrades to all air handlers are underway to ensure thorough cleaning of all ductwork but will also monitor particulate loads as part of our building automation system.
What Measures Are Being Taken To Monitor The Health Of Your Staff?
- The Baltimore Convention Center is taking the lead from the City of Baltimore and the State of Maryland to ensure that our workplace is in compliance with the most recent social distancing guidelines.
- Before starting work for the day, every employee is required to have their temperature taken and be screened using a health screening app. Any employee showing signs of possible exposure are either kept home or sent home prior to entering the building.
- Employees on duty will be equipped with masks, gloves, and other personal protection equipment necessary to perform their tasks with the health of the employee and everyone they come into contact with in mind.
How Will Movement Be Monitored Inside The Facility To Ensure Social Distancing Measures Are Being Followed?
- We are currently crafting new policies and procedures to address movement, traffic flow, and meeting layout throughout the facility that will promote social distancing according to the recommendations provided by the State of Maryland.
- We are taking safety precautions in every area of the facility with the understanding that each event is unique. Our staff will work with clients individually to customize a plan that fits their specific event needs.
What Changes Are Being Made Inside The Facility To Ensure Social Distancing?
- Several areas of our facility are being redesigned with social distancing in mind.
- We are making changes to our public spaces by rearranging furniture and other non-stationary items to ensure social distancing during breaks in our lobbies.
- Changes are being made to the layout of our meeting rooms, ballrooms, and retail concession areas to promote safety at all times.
Is the Baltimore Convention Center Offering Discounts for Meetings That Take Place In-Person and If additional Space is Needed for Social Distancing, Will Pricing Differ?
- The Baltimore Convention Center is committed to ensuring our clients are able to hold a successful event when we are able to meet again. Our Sales Managers will work with each client to re-evaluate discounts offered and space needed based on revised attendance numbers and exhibitor participation.
- The Center will make every effort to extend additional space to accommodate social distancing practices. This includes exhibit halls, meeting rooms, Ballroom areas and pre-function space that may be needed. Please direct all questions to the Center Sales team for availability.
Are In-Person Site Visits Currently Taking Place?
- The Center is currently offering both in-person and virtual site tours of our space. Clients should contact their Sales Manager or Convention Services Manager to schedule this.Areas of the building available to tour in person are Halls B-D, Charles Street Lobby, Meeting Rooms 301-350, Ballrooms I-IV, 300 Pratt Lobby, Main Terrace, and Camden Lobby.
What Are the Protocols For On-site Visits?
All visitors will be required to follow the below protocols while in the building:
- Social Distancing: The Baltimore Convention Center is taking the lead from the City of Baltimore and the State of Maryland to ensure that our workplace is in compliance with the most recent social distancing guidelines. Please maintain a 6 foot distance from others while walking the Center space.
- Health Screening: All employees, contractors and visitors entering the Baltimore Convention Center are required to complete a health screening designed to detect any signs of COVID-19 symptoms or exposure. This process includes temperature screening. If an individual has recently been exposed to someone with the virus or show symptoms including fever, please reschedule the visit for a more appropriate time.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are required to be worn at all times while touring the Center space. Face coverings must be placed over nose and mouth.
- Parking: We will make every effort to accommodate parking needs.We will provide all groups with the location and directions. We will require vehicle information prior to arrival (make, model, tag number) to prepare a parking passes.
- Public Safety: The Public Safety entrance is being used for our site visits. Upon entry guests will be asked to complete the health screening.
Is There a Limit to the Number of People Who Can be Included in the Visit?
- Yes, please limit the number of site participants to ensure social distancing is possible. Attendance will be limited to 10 people or less, which also includes the Center and Visit Baltimore staff members.
Virtual Site Tours
Our Virtual Site Tours are pre-recorded for each client. The recorded walk-through will be presented on the WebEx meeting platform. Please provide adequate advance notice when scheduling virtual tours to ensure a customized experience.
- Planning partners from Centerplate, Edlen, Projection and MC Dean can also be available to discuss any operational detail needed by requesting them prior to the tour. Our sales team is working closely with our business partners to develop innovative, hybrid meeting packages that combine the latest technologies available for semi-virtual meetings.If interested in learning more about re-opening plans taking place at the Baltimore Convention Center, please visit our site to speak to a member of our Sales Team.
This document will be updated on an ongoing basis to ensure the most up-to-date information is readily available. LAST UPDATE: 2-5-2021